Thursday, December 6, 2012

Tate and Lyle, that make me smile.

I have a very clear memory of an advert in the early 1980s by Tate & Lyle Sugar wherein the jingle was "Tate and Lyle, that makes me smile" and then there were children baking cakes on screen. It had a slightly electronica/rap feel to the jingle. If anyone has a copy of this, or even remembers this advert, let me know... I'm going a bit mad thinking I imagined it.

I have an inkling that it played a lot when children's tv was on as I think "Teabag" and "Rod and Emu" adverts had it in (just to clear up the era if anyone's interested).





The photo above is a more recent packet.

I'm wondering if the advert I seek is actually for the golden syrup and treacle that they manufacture...?

Again, any light shed is gratefully received.

- Posted using BlogPress -
~Moondial~

No comments:

Post a Comment